Re: Version numbers (was Re: New development plans)

From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 16:14:03 EDT

    David Chart wrote:
    > I'm inclined to agree. If a complete rewrite of the layout engine
    > doesn't qualify for a full number change, what, exactly, would?

    Mostly to play devil's advocate, if there is no impact on the user
    (either functionality or file compatibility), then a rewrite of the
    layout engine does not require a full number change.

    My expectation / understanding is that there will be a lot of new
    functionality, like tables, for which a full number change might be
    appropriate.

    Randy Kramer