Re: cursor blinking problem

From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 21:20:45 EDT

    Patrick Lam wrote:

    > The Win32 code would not be smaller in any meaningful way; we could
    > save at most 2k from the binary size or
    > something like that.

    So what do you consider a size reduction "in any meaningful way" since this
    apparently doesn't fit your bill? Do you expect a small and localized patch
    that all of a sudden removes 1MB from the AW binary? You have to start
    somewhere.

    > p.s. I'm not saying that fv_Cursor is a bad thing to do,

    IIRC it was you who advicated a Q'n'D hack with a thread, bool and a mutex
    for the view class.

    Btw, wasn't threads a big no-no, similar to the usage of C++ templates?

    > but I'm in favour of solving one problem at a time.

    And you think solving the cursor problem is solving many problems, and
    that's a problem???

    > fv_Caret is a single thing which can be fixed by itself.

    And how exacly does the code (with my mentioned modifications/removals) I
    displayed not fix it?

    /Mike - please don't cc