Re: commit: fl_BlockLayout.h/cpp

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 09:46:31 EDT

    http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-the-main-event-loop.html#g-timeout-add

    > The timer is implemented using the main loop. It
    > won't interrupt your
    > code at all (like a Unix signal). It should be
    > safe.

    And as a consequence, I will like to know:

    What will threads give us here? (besides a mutex
    acquisition upon each gdk call)

    I'm getting lost here.
    What *exactly* is the problem that we're trying to
    solve? Why a timer is not good enough?

    (honests questions. Not trying to upset anybody.)

    Cheers,

    =====
    Joaquin Cuenca Abela
    e98cuenc@yahoo.com