Re: Re: Commit: Docbook plugin work

From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 18:37:48 EDT

    On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 00:26, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 00:19, Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:
    > > On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 23:22, Kenneth J.Davis wrote:
    > > > No, this hack is ugly! either work around the problem (trivial)
    > >
    > > Are you saying that the
    > > #define for if (0) ; else for
    > >
    > > should not be used? why?
    >
    > C macros to be considered harmful.

    :) start deleting code in abi (btw, I though the title of the day was
    "goto to be considered harmful")

    > This way of fixing the problem is even worse than the problem itself.

    nope. No side-effects, and if somebody gets it "bad" a second time, the
    problem don't reappears. Why is then worse?

    > We have to support borken compiler, it is a PITA. But for that specific
    > problem, the fix is rather easy. So why not changing the scope of the
    > variable ?

    I really don't care so much, but: because it will happen again

    > This is what I have done (I recommitted something as I goofed the first
    > time). And stop f*cking flies.

    sorry, my english is not rich. What it means?

    Cheers,

    --
    Joaquín Cuenca Abela
    cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr