One character wide column.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 04:07:00 EDT

    Hi Joaquin,
               After abisource.com came back I found I was getting one character
    per line with the xft builds. That is, I type one character and then the
    cursor advances to the next line.

    This happens because at layout resolution every single character returns
    a width of about 7825. The width's returned at screen resolution seemed
    sane.

    After some considerable tracing I suspect the culprit is in
    xap_UnixFonts::getCharWidth( )

    and in particular your caching code. Is the class m_wc properly
    initialized? It looks like it starts out with that bogus number and from
    the caching mechanism, never gets rid of it.

    Thanks!

    Martin