Re: One character wide column.

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 10:33:08 EDT

    --- Martin Sevior <msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au>
    wrote:
    > Hi Joaquin,
    > After abisource.com came back I found I was
    > getting one character
    > per line with the xft builds. That is, I type one
    > character and then the
    > cursor advances to the next line.
    [snip]
    > and in particular your caching code. Is the class
    > m_wc properly
    > initialized? It looks like it starts out with that
    > bogus number and from
    > the caching mechanism, never gets rid of it.

    it used to be property initialized. I got this
    problem the first time just after Tomas commit for
    compositing characters, and I though that it affected
    not only the Xft frontend but also the old X code.

    Do you know if it works for the non Xft version?

    Cheers,

    =====
    Joaquin Cuenca Abela
    e98cuenc@yahoo.com