commit: layout units removal

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 11:21:01 EDT

    The layout units can be conditionally removed by undefining
    USE_LAYOUT_UNITS. This is located near the top of ut_types.h.

    I have defined some useful macros in ut_units.h for conversion from
    the internal units to device units and vice-versa, but for now 1
    internal unit == 1 device pixel. With this, things kind of work.
    However, when this is changed to 1024 internal units per device
    pixel, nothing works because many of the system calls are being
    passed dimensions in the internal units; this is the first thing that
    needs to be fixed.

    I would appreciate if other people get to hack on this.

    Tomas