Re: Another Office Suite switches to GPL!

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 08:30:30 EDT

    I wonder if Andrew say this on Slashdot like me or notice the topic on
    #abiword. I did not think to share the news with the whole list,
    hopefully next time i will remeber to.

    Free Radical, what a cool name for a company. (a biology reference too,
    science is the future). The mention a possible name change of Gobe
    Productive. I think they should hold on to the Gobe brand, jsut drop the
    clukey productive bit, calling an office 'suite' (sweet) is almost an
    oxymoron.

    Gobe on Slashdot.org
    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/08/12/1033259&mode=nested&tid=117

    Gobe at TheRegister

    Gobe on Gnome desktop news
    http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=597&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

    Gobe on Linxutoday
    http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-08-12-013-26-IN-DT-SW

    The gobe website has not been updated to include the news yet
    http://www.gobe.com/

    Does this count as being a karma whore even though it is mailing list? :)
    (if nothing else it is google bombing)

    On an unrelated but still intersting matter Newsforge has a story about
    Oeone
    http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/08/11/2231241.shtml?tid=26
    Always interested to here about Oeone seeing as they make such large use
    of Abiword, pity they forked the code and did not see fit to work directly
    with the Abiword developers, but at least it is all GPL.
    You can now get their desktop on its own (as an add on for RedHat) rather
    than having to buy it with one of their low end PCs.

    Later
    Alan