spelling check for Yiddish

From: Raphael Finkel (raphael@cs.uky.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 14:04:47 EDT

    I have built an ispell hash table for Yiddish/UTF8. Here is what one person
    who tried it reports:

        I downloaded it, renamed it hebrew.hash because Yiddish is not among the
        languages available for AbiWord, copied it to AbiSuite\dictionary but it
        did not work. I believe AbiWord uses UTF-16 Little Endian encoding for
        Windows, not UTF-8.

    I have no way to verify this diagnosis. I don't think ispell would be happy at
    all with UCS2 or UCS4, because there would be lots of null octets.

    For anyone who wants to try it, it is in
    http://www.cs.uky.edu/~raphael/private/yiddish.utf8.hash.gz (there is a non-gz
    version also if you don't have gunzip).

    Raphael Finkel