Re: Commit: AbiMagick graphics class sort-of works

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 07:21:23 EDT

    --- Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com> wrote:

    > I'm thinking that once Chema finishes up removing
    > the Gnome
    > dependencies from GP and has it working over XFT for
    > the font metrics,
    > we can require GP for all of our Unix printing
    > needs. This will give us
    > fabulous results with minimal effort.

    wonderful!

    Dom, do you know if Chema has font embedding &
    subsetting already working?

    If not, we should try to help him in this point,
    because that would basically mean that users will not
    be able to print to ghostscript with random fonts
    (because ghostscript doesn't use fontconfig)

    Btw, I've not yet tested your graphics class, but does
    it means that abi will be able to convert from a .doc
    file to a jpeg image from the command line?

    Cheers,

    =====
    Joaquin Cuenca Abela
    e98cuenc@yahoo.com