Re: Side Effect of File Format Conversions

From: j.m.maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 05:47:41 EDT

    > > What I found that seems to make the difference is that the import from Word
    > > seems to only use <section></section> tags at pages or similar major changes.
    > > The WP import seems to use <section> tags every time there is a margin
    > > change. It seems to me it is these <section> tags that are causing not only
    > > a margin change, but also a new page when AbiWord files are imported into
    > > other word processors.

    I coded the Margin import for WP documents (good to hear it seems to be
    working :), and yes, every time a margin is changed, a new set of
    <section></section> tags is needed. Inserting such a set does NOT cause
    a new page to be inserted per se, but other exporters might wrongly do
    that. The WP exporter does not currently support the exportation of
    margins yet.

    Bye!
      Marc Maurer