AbiWord Weekly News #106 (2002, week 34) released

From: E . A . Zen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 02:59:36 EDT

    Get it here:

    http://www.abisource.org/information/news/2002/awn106.phtml

    Beers,
    Eric

    The first two paragraphs, for those who I'd like them in their inboxes:

     In the interest of bringing you all things even remotely AbiRelated, Some net scrounging has found two very interesting AbiBased projects that may be of interest to you. First, sponsored (for obvious reasons) by OEOne (you know, the "Linux-PC looks like a fruity iMac" guys), AbiMoz, AbiWord within Mozilla or Penzilla if you're an OEOne user. And, if you're worried Microsoft's recent withdrawal of their "core web fonts," good news, a nifty sourceforge package, CoreFonts, well, maybe nameless, but who cares, is returning them to the web, in accordance to the EULA, that being "distributed in their unmodified format."

    An interesting week for AbiDevelopment, particularly in our own Mark Gilbert, who, on top of squashing four bugs, has also brought about the long awaited, "Dom owes donuts." MG made a noticeable commit to HEAD that was meant to clean up a few things for various operating systems--"misfeatures" caused by Dom. Of course, he's reluctant to say it, even when Dom isn't in the room, so, I took it upon myself to do it for him. Some developers are just so timid... and fear AbiWord II: The Wrath of Dom.