Re: font preview screenshot

From: Heuristic Circle Consulting (hcc@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 18:23:05 EDT

    At 12:43 2002-08-27, Alan Horkan wrote:

    > [something about being a usability amateur]

    Me too. Showing the font is a good idea from a usability standpoint, however:

    1. If we're designing for the low-end user (low-end systems and resources)
    the less we use up the better.

    2. On my 17" monitor, Word's live font display is fine; a smaller screen
    would cause trouble.

    Perhaps Abi could show the font outlines in the style editing dialog
    font-picker instead of all the time on the toolbar? If Abi made it easy to
    edit styles (and less buggy), maybe this is a good compromise?

    Andrew
    Heuristic Circle Consulting hcc@sympatico.ca