Re: font preview screenshot

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 19:12:19 EDT

    On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Heuristic Circle Consulting wrote:

    > At 12:43 2002-08-27, Alan Horkan wrote:
    >
    > > [something about being a usability amateur]
    >
    > Me too. Showing the font is a good idea from a usability standpoint, however:
    >
    > 1. If we're designing for the low-end user (low-end systems and resources)
    > the less we use up the better.
    >
    > 2. On my 17" monitor, Word's live font display is fine; a smaller screen
    > would cause trouble.
    >
    > Perhaps Abi could show the font outlines in the style editing dialog
    > font-picker instead of all the time on the toolbar? If Abi made it easy to
    > edit styles (and less buggy), maybe this is a good compromise?

    Hi Andrew,
              I wasn't aware of bugs in edting styles. Could give some
    examples or bugzilla entries?

    Regarding easiness, we basically copied MS Word. Do you have ideas on how
    we should do it or do we mess up in copying MS Word?

    Which version (release, platform) are you using?

    PS. The font is always shown in the styles dialog.

    Thanks!

    Martin