Re: Version of the future?

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 00:37:44 EDT

     --- Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com> wrote:
    > On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 02:17 AM, Eric Zen
    > wrote:
    >
    > > One Week!?
    > >
    > > I was expecting more along the lines of the end of
    > > September (earlier discussion involving STABLE in
    > > October). Especially with printing and 1/5 of the
    > > world's population unable to use AbiWord. This
    > > push wouldn't be related to RH's release, would
    > > it? You know, they'll just call AbiWord "Write a
    > > Letter," don't you?
    >
    > We were thinking about releasing 1.1.0 in October
    > based on HEAD, not STABLE. To be quite honest with
    > you, printing is no more broken now than it was in
    > 1.0.2. Chinese support is no more broken than it was
    > in 1.0.2 - not to mention that this is a libiconv
    > issue on Windows and technically not our problem

    Actually I only guessed that libiconv is to blame
    since
    I don't know what else it might be. But in the past
    I tested our Chinese support with libiconv and it
    definitely worked. It is definitely broken now but
    I'm not able to do the diagnostic testing required to
    track the problem down at the moment due to lack of my
    own equipment.
    Nobody has responed to my request for testing on other
    platforms to see if the have a similar problem when
    not using libiconv.

    Andrew.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com