Re: How can I test my translation? (Anything wrong with the way I'm trying?)

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 20:32:47 EST

     --- besnik bleta <besnikbleta@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > I'm trying to set up AbiWord in other language
    > rather than the default
    > English.
    > It works fine with Italian and French and German.
    > But when I try to get it
    > work with another locale, it fails to recognize it:
    > I change the relative settings in the
    > Abiword.profile, save it and run
    > AbiWord. After each fail, opening the same
    > Abiword.profile shows me "en-US"
    > instead of "xx-YY" (which should be the one if the
    > previous changes on
    > AbiWord.profile were real).
    > How could I resolve that? Or that is a confidential
    > future?
    >
    > besnik

    Try building a debug build of AbiWord. AbiWord is
    very
    picky about its translation files. If there is the
    slightest syntax error in one, it will fail silently
    as fall back to US English. With a debug build you
    will see an error message in the console when such an
    error occurs.

    You'll also see a lot of other information and error
    messages which could provide hints as to what is
    wrong.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com