strings not found in abiword.pot

From: Daniel Yacob (locales@geez.org)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 11:38:00 EST

    Greetings,

    I was chasing down some string identifiers that appear in .strings output
    files but weren't in the abiword.pot source. I've grabbed the 1.1 branch
    from cvs and in abi/po ran: ./update.po --pot to generate a new abiword.pot.
    ui-extract.pl I noticed was not being called by update.pl.

    Within the new abiword.pot I do not find, for example,
    "TOOLBAR_STATUSLINE_FILE_NEW", which lives in abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_String_Id.h.

    po2abi.pl will later grab this and many other identifiers, not find it in
    the translated abiword.pot, and dump out an empty translation in the .strings
    file.

    Is this an error? If not, where else outside of the translated abiword.pot
    do translations reside?

    thanks,

    /Daniel