Re: svg vs. draw (was: Re: A new draw on XP refactoring)

Subject: Re: svg vs. draw (was: Re: A new draw on XP refactoring)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 11:44:31 CST

At 09:25 AM 2/1/02 -0800, I wrote:
>Likewise, insofar as SVG rendering will be useful for various products, I
>suspect that we'll probably want to segregate out the following new
>directories:
>
> src/svg/* ... core SVG editing and/or rendering
> src/draw/* ... drawing product UI and behavior
> src/show/* ... presentation graphics UI and behavior
>
>Thus, each product would be built using a distinct mix of libraries:
>
> AbiWord ... xap, wp, text, svg
> AbiHello ... xap, hello
> AbiDraw ... xap, draw, svg
> AbiShow ... xap, show, text, svg
> AbiCalc ... xap, calc, ...
> etc.

Whoops. On second thought, it'd be cleaner to keep product names out of the
directory structure, so I should have said:

  src/pg/* ... presentation graphics UI and behavior

and

  AbiShow ... xap, pg, text, svg

Not only is this consistent with the AbiWord == wp mapping, but I'm tickled
by the notion of someday working on a "pg" product. ;-)

Paul,
proud daddy