Re: AbiDraw UI (was: Re: A new draw on XP refactoring)

Subject: Re: AbiDraw UI (was: Re: A new draw on XP refactoring)
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 12:43:54 CST

> On a related note, if you're looking for a way to narrow the scope of the
> src/svg component, I'll reiterate my usual suggestion:

> Specifially, focus on the subset of SVG which is expressible by the WMFs
> that Word likes to embed. Hmm, now why would that be useful? ;-)

WMF? I'm sorry - nice idea but NO!!! I'm not even remotely interested.

Better idea: focus on the subset of SVG required to render MathML...
now why would *that* be useful?

And even that's not enough. At the minimum we need support for Bezier
curves, otherwise we'll just look pathetic. People will complain about
lack of Bezier curves the way they complain about the lack of tables in
AbiWord 1.0!

Frank, who really thinks Abi needs a nice set of curves...

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                         --- Philip Roth