Re: Phantom Directories

Subject: Re: Phantom Directories
From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 15:47:25 CST

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 16:44, John L. Clark wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 04:22:51PM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > cvs co abiword-plugins. Quite a bit of work has been going on in that
> > tree lately.
>
> Aha! There they are! Which leads me to my next question - is the work
> that's being done in the plugins also being mirrored in the non-plugin
> code? For instance, I see changes being made in the xhtml importer on
> the plugin side - are the same changes being made in the main trunk?
> How are we managing having multiple locations for the same functionality
> of code?

There's no duplicated functionality here, really. The old XHTML importer
is deprecated and no one is working on it. FJF is working on a
libxml2-based HTML and XHTML importer, and it's more robust and more
functional than the older one. After 1.0 I plan on dumping the old
importer for this when we move ~90% of imp/exp to abiword-plugins.

Dom