commit: abiword-plugins: wheel reinvention

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 08:56:59 GMT

    The code in this directory tree may some day be adopted into the main
    AbiSuite tree but at the moment it is highly experimental, even
    speculative, and is therefore being developed as a plugin, and may even
    become an official SVG plugin at some point.

    I'm fulfilling a dream I've had for 10 years, a dream that probably
    every programmer has - to write a scanline converter & graphics package.
    I'm working from scratch, aided only by two trusty volumes:

    [1] "Computer Graphics" Foley, van Dam, et al.
    [2] "Advanced Animation and Rendering" Watt & Watt

    I know I'm reinventing the wheel here. I haven't researched as
    rigorously as I might, but I haven't seen any wheels out there that
    satisfy me.

    Currently the code will not even compile, but I've added it into CVS
    anyway, partly for backup and partly because some people are curious
    about it.

    o experimental canvas work

    CVS:----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Added Files:
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/.cvsignore
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/GNUmakefile.am
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/README
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/autogen.sh
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/configure.ac
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/configure.in
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/plugin.cfg
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/.cvsignore
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/AbiSVG.cpp
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/GNUmakefile.am
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_canvas.cpp
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_canvas.h
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_canvas_hset.h
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_canvas_image.h
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_canvas_map.h
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_canvas_png.h
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_canvas_polygon.h
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_rgbacolor.cpp
    CVS: wp/impexp/graphics/svg/xp/ut_rgbacolor.h

    Regards, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

    It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
    wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
    That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                             --- Philip Roth