RE: Fuzzy and faulty

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 08:02:57 GMT

    Pierre wrote:
    > I'm checking a po file in KBabel and some of the translations are
    marked
    > "faulty". There's also a "fuzzy" light. What do they mean?

    The fuzzy flag says that the translated string has changed since it has
    been translated. Say that you have an English string as:

    "View"

    The translator translates it as "Ver". A while after, the code changes,
    and the old string becomes "View toolbar". gettext will leave the new
    string translated as "Ver", but it will mark the translation as "fuzzy"
    (ie, to be revised by the translator).

    And for the "faulty", I've never seen it before. Maybe your po file is
    bad formatted or something.

    Hope it helps.

    Cheers,

    --