Re: using FreeType post 1.0

From: sam th (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 21:20:23 GMT

    On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 14:12, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
    > At 6:58 PM +0000 2/26/02, Andrew Dunbar wrote:

    > >Also I'm wondering if this decision should be taken
    > >seperately from deciding whether we should use Pango
    > >at some point.
    >
    > Pango, as cool as it is, requires a LOT of Glib/GNOME to
    > function and that's problematic on our full platform list.

    Actually, Pango just requires GLib, which should work on all of our
    supported platforms. It definitiely works on Win32, *nix, and is being
    ported to BeOS. (www.gtk.org/beos) And, I remember Havoc Pennington (a
    GTK+ maintainer) saying that he would like it to be as portable as
    AbiWord.

    Plus, glib is used in wv, so it must be at least as portable as we are.

    --
    sam th						OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC

    "Oh yeah? Well your mom has some pretty fancy tail-call optimization herself, you numbskull!"