Re: Question for MS Word Power Users.

Subject: Re: Question for MS Word Power Users.
From: Matti Picus (matti@picus.org)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 01:08:47 CST

Hi. Sorry to leave you guys in the lurch, it's been a tough month. I hope
to get back into things, especially now that Abiword has doc list importing
and rtf list exporting. Good job!

As far as I can tell, this is not possible in Word. Changing to 4.a also
changes 2.1 to 2.a. It can be done only by breaking the list into two
parts, for instance restarting numbering at line 4., which has the ugly
side effect of turning the 4. into a 1. Then set the first number of the
new list to not begin at 1., but to begin at 4.

By the way, why would someone want to create a list like this? It goes
against the desire to move more toward a "styles" type of document and away
from each line having its own formatting.

Matti