Re: Question for MS Word Power Users.

Subject: Re: Question for MS Word Power Users.
From: Jared Davis (abiword@aiksaurus.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 01:33:54 CST

> As far as I can tell, this is not possible in Word. Changing to 4.a also
> changes 2.1 to 2.a. It can be done only by breaking the list into two
> parts, for instance restarting numbering at line 4., which has the ugly
> side effect of turning the 4. into a 1. Then set the first number of the
> new list to not begin at 1., but to begin at 4.

You can do it... basically you do the split into two lists thing, and format
the nested items as desired. Then, you need to right-click on the second
list and hit "bullets", and choose the option "continue previous list's
numbering." This will make the second list look like an extension of the
first. You can then delete the space between the lists and everything works
fine. I've attached sample RTF and DOC files from Word 2000.

I don't know why anyone would want this. :)

Jared

--
Love all, serve all.