Re: Text layout bugs. (For Tomas and others.)

Subject: Re: Text layout bugs. (For Tomas and others.)
From: Scott (mrphido@prodigy.net)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 04:54:28 CST

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 19:59, Martin Sevior wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I've had a bit of a play with text layout just now. It appears
> some new bugs have crept into abiword (non-bidi). Specifically it looks as
> if two runs with contigous characteristics are being treated as if they
> are actually two words seperated with a space.
>
> To see what I mean type in about 4 lines of text in full justification.
> Then delete a character in one word, then press undo. This sometimes
> results in strange behaviour.
>
> These layout bugs absolutely MUST get fixed before 0.99.1. This may also
> be the cause of bug 2313 which is how I stumbled into this problem.

I tried duplicating this error with a cvs build version maybe a week old
on Mandrake 8.1 to no effect. Now, I did have some strange behavior when
I set CloseOnLastDoc="1" to ="0" and then typed in the recreated
document.
(recreated=CloseOnLastDoc="0" then Close not Exit)
Was the error in newly opened document or a "recreated" document?
(I tried reproducing this way also to no avail)

Scott Bingman