Re: embedded objects

Subject: Re: embedded objects
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 09:17:41 CST

Randy Kramer wrote:
> (Aside: I agree with the intent to display an empty rectangle if AbiWord
> can't handle the embedded object. If someone strongly objects to this,
> I guess I'd settle for an option, something like the Show Paragraphs
> option.)

Frank,

Just building on what I said above, I can imagine that there will be
times when I'd rather see the rectangle than the "real" embedded
object. (Cases where seeing the real embedded object takes a lot of
resource or a lot of time, or slows down editing of the main AbiWord
document.)

So, it might be nice to have an option even if the real handler is
available.

Randy Kramer