Commit: XP mutex class

Subject: Commit: XP mutex class
From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 10:14:49 CST

Not compiled in at the moment, but it could be...

The talk of threading in the "embedded" thread made me think of finally
doing this. We really need it anyway for our timers/idles. It could
really help out the BE port, since a lot of the BE-specific crash bugs
in bugzilla are timer/thread related (BE's timers are built on top of
threads).

Anyway, there's now a Cross-Platform mutex class and a mutex acquisition
class. Create instances of the mutex class inside of your classes.
Acquire and release them via the UT_MutexAquirer class only. Doxygen
comments included.

Unix pthread_mutex_t impl committed. Win32 CRITICAL_SECTION impl
committed. Other implementations (Mac, QNX, Be, ...) are welcomed and
shouldn't be too hard. Note that I don't want an XP thread class *yet*.
Comments appreciated, as always. I wanted to make this as simple as
possible.

Dom