Re: Commit: XP mutex class

Subject: Re: Commit: XP mutex class
From: Stephane Fritsch (sfritsch@noos.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 14:31:07 CST

> According to Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com>:
> >
> > Unix pthread_mutex_t impl committed. Win32 CRITICAL_SECTION impl
> > committed. Other implementations (Mac, QNX, Be, ...) are welcomed
> > and
> > shouldn't be too hard. Note that I don't want an XP thread class *
> > yet*.
> > Comments appreciated, as always. I wanted to make this as simple as
> > possible.

I was just wondering whether rwlocks would be more appropriate or not.

> For BeOS, it will be trivial (BLock class).

I read the implementation for unix. It uses
pthread_mutex'es.
BLocks are recursive mutexes. Maybe we should
avoid such a difference in the BeOS implementation.

Or maybe, we could just define XP mutexes as
recursive mutexes... ;-)

> For Mac, a little less. I'll see what I'll do, but later.
> For Cocoa, it is already here (using POSIX)

Stephane