Re: bugzilla configuration -- Bug voting

Subject: Re: bugzilla configuration -- Bug voting
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 10:08:47 CST

Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> Would it be possible to configure bugzilla so that every person can
> only vote once for a particular bug and not for a bug they
> themselves reported? I am sick and tired of plaughing through bug
> reports filled with the popular vote entry from a single person, often
> the reporter.

I haven't "surfed" to bugzilla recently (I just jump to bugzilla. ...),
so I'm not sure what instructions everyone sees on the way. IIRC, there
is no recommendation not to vote for your own bug. I don't vote for my
own bugs (at least not initially -- I may add a vote later after someone
else has voted for it), but I've seen a post where it was my impression
that the poster seemed to think he had to vote for his own bug, it was
almost part of the process of posting a bug.

Maybe a change to the instructions somewhere, along with a post to
abiword-user would help, especially if reconfiguring bugzilla is
difficult. I am copying this to abiword-user.

Randy Kramer