Re: commit: re 2548

Subject: Re: commit: re 2548
From: sam th (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 12:24:45 CST

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 17:44, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> kind of fix for 2548 -- it is not entirely satisfactory, but a proper
> solution requires to implement a new mechanism for handling of
> the simple PgUp and PgDown keys. At present these scroll the
> window, they should in fact move the insertion point. Once that is
> fixed the solution to 2548 is straight forward.

I'm not clear on why 2548 requires this change, but this was an
intentional design choice, made before any of us started on AbiWord.
There's some further discussion of this on bug 215.

--

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/ OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss