Re: Zeroth order table Table support.

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (huftis@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 11:40:02 EDT

    Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in
    news:Pine.OSF.4.21.0206062118001.18565-100000@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au:

    >> I just have one small question. Are you planning to
    >> (eventually) support table headers?
    >
    > Yes.

    Great.

    > Then implement a GUI to control the various aspects of
    > inserting/changing/cutting/pasting tables.

    You might find the documentation to the 'booktabs' LaTeX package
    of interest. This doesn't tell how to design the UI (nor the back-
    end), but it tells you how high quality, beautiful tables should
    *look*. I've learned a lot from this documentation. (And no, we
    can't expect users to be expert typographers; that's exactly *why*
    sensible defaults for table layout/presentation is so important.)

    I've put up a PDF of the documentation at

    --
    Karl Ove Hufthammer