Re: Zeroth order table Table support.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 07:22:42 EDT

    On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

    > Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in
    > .edu.au:
    >
    > > The next big job will be to make a table break across multiple
    > > pages.
    >
    > I just have one small question. Are you planning to (eventually)
    > support table headers? These are normal table rows which gets
    > repeated at the top of each page a table spans when printed.
    > MS Word and various Web browser supports this.

    Yes. I do plan to support this. It is not so different from doing
    headers/footers. There are a couple of ways to do it and I haven't decided
    which way to go yet.

    First things first though. Next step is to stablize the current code
    (which crashes on exit with a table loaded) then fix up all the
    poitioning, clearScreen and cursor motion bugs.

    Then do the break across page feature.

    Then implement a GUI to control the various aspects of
    inserting/changing/cutting/pasting tables.

    Then do the common row I think.

    Lots and lots of work.

    Cheers

    Martin