Re: pdf plugin changes

From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 16:48:29 EDT

    At 11:56 AM -0400 6/7/02, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    >That's a *really* large cost to just get hyperlinks and bookmarks. Quite
    >personally, I'd much rather have a 100% graphically accurate
    >representation of the document without hyperlinks and bookmarks rather
    >than having to integrate an entire layout engine to do the same thing,
    >not to mention that the output of its layout engine and Abi's would have
    >to be identical for anyone to be seriously interested in the resulting
    >PDF.

            Good point! I forget that the input/output modules have to
    do that themselves...

            It would be better to find some way to get that info to the
    printing system, so that we could add it to the PS output as PDFMarks
    and also do "direct to PDF".

    LDR

    Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:leonardr@lazerware.com>
                          			     <http://www.lazerware.com>