Re: Bug state-flow changed

From: Jesper Skov (jskov@zoftcorp.dk)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 04:03:08 EDT

    On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 01:20, Mike Nordell wrote:
    > Jesper Skov wrote:
    >

    > > So the state-flow of a Bug now is:
    > >
    > > NEW -> ASSIGNED -> RESOLVED -> VERIFIED
    >
    > Isn't this a bit strange if you put yourself in the seat of a non-bugzilla
    > user for a while. How can a bug be resolved before it's even verified to be
    > a bug? Changing RESOLVED to BUGFIXED and VERIFIED to FIX_VERIFIED would
    > take care of it I think.

    Changing BugZilla Bug states is non-trivial, and was the cause of the
    previous stale version we had been using for a long time.

    The above Bug states are those used by BugZilla. I agree they could be
    better named, but evidently nobody has been willing to maintain a fork
    of BugZilla for us with better names, so I decided we'd be better off
    using the standard state names.

    Jesper