Re: commit: Implement Tables broken across pages.

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 14:06:29 EDT

    On 19 Jun 2002, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

    > Date: 19 Jun 2002 19:20:50 +0200
    > From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere@teaser.fr>
    > To: Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au>
    > Cc: abiword-dev <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    > Subject: Re: commit: Implement Tables broken across pages.
    >
    > On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 17:19, Martin Sevior wrote:
    >
    > > If someone would like to help please copy MSWord table menus and put them
    > > into abiword in the same sort of place under "table" on the main menu bar.
    >
    > Please, don't. Rethink and redesign it. Word GUI for tables is really
    > awful and inefficient and we can do better.

    i think the little drop down button menu widget with boxes to quickly
    select how many the rows and columns you want is quite clever (but i
    suspect WordPerfect did it first)

    I much prefer word having a seperate table menu to OpenOffice.org not
    having it.

    But there is still definately plenty of room for improvement and worth
    giving though to this.

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~horkana/