Re: commit: Implement Tables broken across pages.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 04:42:03 EDT

    On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

    > On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 17:19, Martin Sevior wrote:
    >
    > > If someone would like to help please copy MSWord table menus and put them
    > > into abiword in the same sort of place under "table" on the main menu bar.
    >
    > Please, don't. Rethink and redesign it. Word GUI for tables is really
    > awful and inefficient and we can do better.

    Opinions and suggestions gratefully received. I've harder ever used tables
    in any word processing document so I'm no judge at all. Copying word gives
    me an easy point of reference and well as preventing surprises for users.

    At first glance at least these menu entries make sense.

    1. Insert => (Table,rows,columns,cells) => pops up dialogs
    2. delete => (Table,rows,columns,cells) => pops up dialogs
    3. Merge Cells => pops up a dialog.
    4. Format Table (Change line types I guess)

    Cheers

    Martin