Re: Commit(HEAD) qnx getCoverage func.

From: Jesper Skov (jskov@zoftcorp.dk)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 04:34:48 EDT

    On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 09:36, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

    > --- phearbear <phearbear@home.se> wrote:
    > > Christian Biesinger wrote:
    > >
    > > I (and I think most other people) when writing on
    > > mailing lists, want to
    > > reply to the list.ONLY.
    >
    > All that has already been discussed about two years
    > ago. Same arguments, and even same links were given
    > at the time (mainly me in the reply-to to the list
    > field, and Sam and Paul in the stand as it is field).
    >
    > The discussion generated much heat and little light,
    > and finished with a "it's my list and I do what I
    > want" kind of irrefutable argument.
    >
    > So we should have to live with it. Please don't
    > repeat past mistakes, and don't lose your time with
    > this discussion.

    I myself prefer that it stays as it is.

    But how about a compromise; hub could probably create a new list,
    abiword-dev-replyto (and ditto user list) which is subscribed to the
    existing list and which munges the reply-to field (to the exiting list).
    It should reject posts from any other source (i.e., abiword-dev remains
    the only recepient list)

    That way, people can subscribe to the list form they prefer and
    everybody is happy.

    Cheers,
    Jesper