Re: more XFt stuff

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 17:48:27 EDT

    On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 17:36, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > Is there any reason this should not be committed to HEAD Real Soon Now?

    I can think of one or 12 reasons off the top of my head, but the first
    one that jumps to mind is that we decided to use Pango and Freetype to
    do our font dirty-work. Freetype is a *very* high quality XP solution.
    XFS and friends actually use freetype2 to do the majority of the work
    for them. Sure, parts of Cuenca's patch should be applied regardless
    (eg. spurious redraw code in the formatting engine), but this wasn't the
    direction we were going for in HEAD. At least not to the best of my
    knowledge.It's certainly not the direction I want HEAD to take. Feel
    free too disagree.

    Regards,

    --
    Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com>