Re: Speaking about AbiWord

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 11:47:30 EDT

    personally i would like you to beat them with a big XP stick, user base
    market share and what not
    (XP, as in cross platform not eXtreme Programming or the latest POS from
    MS)

    but that's me

    there web page even says "pervasive computing", if you want to embed
    anywhere and everywhere (which is my understanding of pervasive computing)
    then a modular cross platform application like Abiword makes sense.

    their Secure Open Desktop Project looks interesting, although at the
    bottom of the page http://www.netproject.com/opendesktop.html
    there is a link to http://www.netproject.com/opendesktop
    which is borken, err broken
    care to forward this info to the relevant parties

    I seem to have an innate talent for stepping on bugs.

    Sincerely
    Alan Horkan