Re: Speaking about AbiWord

From: James Ogley (james.ogley@pinnacle.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 08:52:42 EDT

    > Please talk about all the great features we've added or will be
    > adding over the next few months.
    > 9. Embeddable (in Evolution/Gnumeric) So the abiword in evolution reading
    > a word doc!

    I'll not demo this bit eh? :) (Bug #3561)

    > Show the auto-updating word count, the other modeless dialogs like
    > Insert Symbol and the Bullets and numbering dialog.

    Ooh, I'd not seen that word count thing - that's seriously cool :)

    (Man, I need to get out more...)

    > Show the bi-di support, the auto-updating fields (like time and Word
    > Count)

    Needed a reason to do a bi-di build for SuSE, and now I have it :)

    > Show Aiksaurus and AbiGimp plugins and mention all the other easy to write
    > plugins we already have...

    Will do...

    > Show the start up time of AbiWord and Open Office :-)

    Not sure I'll have time to wait for OO.o to start ;-)

    > Our next release will give us 99% of the features people use in a word
    > processors and a product that is much nicer to use than Open Office.

    Class, there's the killer line basically.

    > Open Office doesn't even have a Theasurus.

    rofl

    > Give them the message that we're building the Best Word Processor on the
    > Planet :-)

    They'll leave in no doubt that that's the case, and go straight to
    download it for themselves.

    James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
    james.ogley@pinnacle.co.uk www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619
    Using Free Software since 1994, running GNU/Linux (SuSE 8.0)
    Updated GNOME RPMs for SuSE Linux: www.usr-local-bin.org

    *********************************************************************** CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Pinnacle Insurance Plc.

    If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify our Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

    This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.