Re: Re:Win32: WS2 dependency?

From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 13:52:53 EDT

    Kenneth J.Davis wrote:

    > Within the Head branch there is optionally support to download dictionary
    > hash files. This support is either compiled in or not, but if it is, the
    > library used to perform the download makes use of the WS2 lib. I am
    > uncertain whether libcurl can be linked with winsock 1 (and still work)
    > as the official source links with the winsock 2 library.

    I really, really, dubt that libcurl uses anything WS2 specific. Actually,
    I'd be really surprised if they did (so far I've seen exactly _zero_
    applications/libraries that use anything WS2 specific - just plain socket
    handling that the "old" winsock handles "just fine"). From your explaination
    it seems to be an oversight on their behalf.

    /Mike