Re: Xft vs. old font stuff

From: Joaquín Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 17:37:02 EDT

    Keeping in the tradition to reply to myself, I've finally been able to
    fix the first problem without doing big changes. Btw I've been pissed
    by 2 classical: macros and fix sized buffers.

    I was trying to output with UT_DEBUGMSG a string of ~4000 chars (of
    course, I didn't knew that it was so big), and abiword was bombing. And
    I was absolutely lost in gdb, because UT_DEBUGMSG is a macro (now that I
    know where the problem was, it seems stupid that I didn't see it before,
    but the gdb backtrace was looking like garbage to me)

    Enough for a rant.

    Every font that I've used is working ok, except the Hershey family, that
    I can select, but that for some weird reason it's giving me an ascender
    and descender ridiculously little (maybe a bug in the font, in freetype,
    in my code, on in a combination of these).

    Everything else is working fine (and looking at the number of bug that
    I've fixed, it's working much better than before), except for the little
    "Times New Roman" bug.

    When it will be fixed, I will post my last patch, and then I will update
    it to HEAD and commit if nobody sees a problem.

    Cheers,

    --
    Joaquín Cuenca Abela
    cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr