Re: Commit: XHTML fix

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 18:07:32 GMT

    On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 17:52, John L. Clark wrote:
    > On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 04:43:06PM +0100, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > > One step towards fixing bug 1406
    > > CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
    > > CVS:
    > > CVS: Committing in .
    > > CVS:
    > > CVS: Modified Files:
    > > CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_XHTML.cpp
    >
    > This looks to me like this fix was in the non-plugin code, which I
    > believe Dom specified was deprecated. Perhaps you want to add the fix
    > in the plugin code?

    Just to state on that point:

    XHTML importer will be deprecated post 1.0. But currently it is not.
    HTML importer plug-in has nothing to do with the current XHTML import,
    so fix to one does not propagate to the other.

    I'm just working at having something that does what it is advertised
    for, towards release 1.0.

    > Does anyone else see the fact that we have two different sections of
    > code in development for the same feature as confusing, misleading, and
    > frustrating?

    It is. That is why we keep separate plugins and built-in importers.
    We'll see what we'll do for post 1.0 release.

    Cheers.

    Hub