Re: Strings files

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 15:30:03 GMT

    On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 15:25, Andrzej Pruszynski wrote:
    > On Mon 4. March 2002 15:10, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
    > > The po files are backported into abiword's strings with perl scripts and
    > > are provided as a convinience for translators who do not want to use the
    > > current xp translation system for strings and menus.
    > Where can I find information about xp translation system for strings and
    > menus?

    quick roundup:

    cd abi
    ./dumpstrings.pl pt-PT > strings.html

    The above will produce an html file with all strings for en-US and
    pt-PT.

    It will look for the pt-PT.strings file, compare with the basic strings
    file for en-US and check for what's missing.

    Start with one file on a language that you are familiar with, and copy
    it to your-LANG.strings following the convention (language-COUNTRY both
    in two letters).

    do: dumpstrings your-LANG > strings.html
        lynx strings.html (lynx is the best viewer for this file if you're
    on gnu/linux or an unix machine)
        For each string id, change in your-LANG.strings untill you get 100%
    translation and 0 missing string ids.

    Submit either patch or full file (if it is a new language)

    Hugs, rms

    + So let's do it...?