Re: Translation

From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 20:04:53 GMT

    On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Nick Niktaris wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > I am in the process of testing the Greek translation
    > of abiword. The only testing I can do is in windows
    > since abi refuses to see any other language in linux.
    > What I have notest is that all the help messages (the
    > ones you get when you go over an icon e.g. the "New"
    > icon and says "Open a new document")are not
    > translated. I have used the update.pl from the latest
    > source and then converted it back to .strings with the
    > apropied command, Some words are not translated, and
    > some other do not fit in the push buttons.
    > Just to be sure I used the Dutch translation to see if
    > those problems are general. And there is the same
    > problems (no translation over help messages, some
    > untranslated strings-the same ones-, and the not too
    > good fitting of some push buttons).
    > Is there some way to solve those problems?
    >
    > Nick

    > http://mail.yahoo.com/

    Nick -

    Those messages appear in the toolbar code which are the only strings
    currently not in the .strings files. You have to make a new file and then
    compile it in. I don't know the procedure for translators on these
    issues.

    If you have latest CVS or source code you can look through
    abi/src/wp/ap/ap_TB_LabelSet_xx-XX.h language code. Once you create such
    a file it needs to be compiled into the build. This differs from the
    .strings which are loaded at runtime.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers!

    Michael D. Pritchett