Re: on why we can't use link, the grammar checker

From: Jared Davis (abiword@aiksaurus.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 02:28:00 GMT

    > Our goal should not be the exclusion of link, but convincing the authors
    > to at the very least make it so we can work with it.
    > Of course what would be the best target would be making it copyleft.

    I have already written a letter to the authors of the link grammar, asking
    them to consider a dual license which would allow the grammar to be used
    under the terms of the GPL.

    They have not given me a definite answer, but have said that they're
    considering it. I am hopeful.

    I will let you know as soon as I hear more from them.

            Jared

    --
    Love all, serve all.