Re: on why we can't use link, the grammar checker

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 11:00:52 GMT

    On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 02:28, Jared Davis wrote:
    > > Our goal should not be the exclusion of link, but convincing the authors
    > > to at the very least make it so we can work with it.
    > > Of course what would be the best target would be making it copyleft.
    > I have already written a letter to the authors of the link grammar, asking
    > them to consider a dual license which would allow the grammar to be used
    > under the terms of the GPL.

    Great!

    > They have not given me a definite answer, but have said that they're
    > considering it. I am hopeful.

    This are very good news. I believe I understand what they fear from what
    I read in the README.txt file. I firmly believe they have less to fear
    by licensing the software under the GNU GPL, however, if they have some
    unavoidable problem with GPL, there are some other free software
    licenses that are compatible with the GPL:

    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

    > I will let you know as soon as I hear more from them.

    All in all, your mail brought very good news.

    Hugs, rms

    + So let's do it...?