Weird text position while typing in AbiWord >= 0.99.?

From: Anthony Fok (anthony@thizlinux.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 10:17:34 GMT

    Hello all,

    For about a month, AbiWord has exhibit this weird behaviour: when typing a
    paragraph, the whole paragraph would move back and forth for each new
    character I type. I don't know how to explain it properly, so I made an
    animated GIF here:

        http://www.thizlinux.com/~anthony/abiword-weird-text-positioning.gif

    Goofy eh? :-) Note that even though I was typing Chinese text at the end
    of the paragraph, if I were to type English text, the same "moving
    back-and-forth" behaviour would occur. The screenshot was produced with
    AbiWord 0.99.2 with CVS updates as of 2002-03-01.

    Older versions didn't have this problem. I can't exactly remember when this
    start happening. Probably between 0.9.6.1 and 0.99.1? :-) Any ideas?

    Many thanks,

    Anthony

    --
    Anthony Fok Tung-Ling