Re: Weird text position while typing in AbiWord >= 0.99.?

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 06:21:38 GMT

    On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Anthony Fok wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > For about a month, AbiWord has exhibit this weird behaviour: when typing a
    > paragraph, the whole paragraph would move back and forth for each new
    > character I type. I don't know how to explain it properly, so I made an
    > animated GIF here:
    >
    > http://www.thizlinux.com/~anthony/abiword-weird-text-positioning.gif
    >
    > Goofy eh? :-) Note that even though I was typing Chinese text at the end
    > of the paragraph, if I were to type English text, the same "moving
    > back-and-forth" behaviour would occur. The screenshot was produced with
    > AbiWord 0.99.2 with CVS updates as of 2002-03-01.
    >
    > Older versions didn't have this problem. I can't exactly remember when this
    > start happening. Probably between 0.9.6.1 and 0.99.1? :-) Any ideas?
    >
    > Many thanks,

    Hi Anthony,
              Thanks very much for neat animated GIF showing the problem. It
    appears that linebreaker method has a bug in doing text layout. I hope
    that Tomas Frydrich can have a look and see if it can be fixed. It may
    just show up in your Chinese locale though. I don't recall seeing this bug
    in English AbiWord.

    Cheers

    Martin